Sunday 3 July 2011

End of the Kerikeri Chapter (Kind of)

Kia Ora!

It's been a while since I last made a post but there hasn't really been much to say... but I'm on the road again and for the purposes of continuity (and the fact I'm alone in a hotel tonight) I'll make a good effort to update y'all, my avid readers <3

Last time I posted I was living at Hideaway Lodge. At the end of May I got a much better offer and moved in with Craig, who I met while out drinking one evening. For reasonably low rent and my much needed cleaning services I got my own room and a shower which was less likely to be covered in puke every time I walked in. Happy days.

I still worked at Kerifresh and remained the 'honey' that made the tea for a few weeks after I moved (Before the comments start, yes, people actually called me a honey, total shocker right?). Since I spent lots of time out on smoko I now have beautiful nicotine stains on my cigarette holding fingers. Kerifresh will forever be stained in my memory.

Then end of season came around and I was psyched up to give up my night-shift job as tea lady and go on the line so I could continue seeing the people I spoke to every day and become friends with. After I actually did one day on pre-grade citrus (watching a belt of moving mandarins and removing the rotten ones from the line as they went past) I made the decision that I wasn't motivated enough to even go there.... Applied for a couple of other jobs but no success in that front as I was only expecting to stay in Kerikeri for another couple of weeks, so naturally I gave up and decided to do what I do best - sit on my ass and watch daytime TV for a fortnight. Total bliss. Jeremy Kyle and Hell's Kitchen was all I needed to see me through (don't be hatin', you guys know that even though I'm a lazy fuck I'm just too awesome to hate ^_^)

And that's really all there is to say. I will miss Kerikeri and all the awesome people I've met in the time I've spent there, from the ones that have been there the whole time to the ones that only walked properly into my life a few days ago and all the ones in between. I won't ever forget my time with you guys. You've made the work part of my time in NZ totally worth every minute. <3

And now? Well I'm sat in Auckland in a scabby hotel, but both of those things are okay because in 12 hours time my mum lands at the airport. Time for travels to commence again. I'm so excited.

Watch this space. Peace -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment