Friday 18 February 2011

Hong Kong

It's 8am here in Hong Kong so been here for 25 hours now. The flight was interesting, in 11 hours I managed to get a 10k score in bejeweled, watch Due Date and American History X. Food sucked, for breakfast we were told we were getting 'porridge.' After being handed a microwaved box full of watery rice and various seafood (seafood congee) I decided against having breakfast on the plane.

After getting off the flight we were told we had to wait around 6 hours for a room to become free in the hotel we are staying in, so no shower or actual sleep. Drove down to Kowloon where the hotel is and so far I haven't really been impressed by Hong Kong. [Enter British moaning rant here]. Anyway, went for a wonder around Kowloon and around every 10 steps we were approached by someone trying to sell knock off handbags, watches or tailored suits. Sat in starbucks and had a healthy breakfast of chocolate chip muffins and caramel macchiato. After a bit more wondering we came across a car accident. Not particularly nice so will spare the details. After a bit more wondering I felt like I couldn't stand anymore, so went back to the hotel and bugged them until we were given a room key. The beds literally feel like you are sleeping on a block of wood, but I managed about 3 hours before being woken up and asked by some other BUNACers to go out for dinner. Had the best shower ever (fairly sure that's where the £100 a night is going) and went out for dinner.

No-one was really sure where to go so we ended up in the food court of a shopping mall, where for some reason I decided that the unknown was the best way to go, and ordered a dim sum thing - ended up eating something that looked like a meringue. It was in fact some sweet bread stuff, with what looked and tasted like every bit of fat you could possibly get off a pig, and to top off - a quails egg in the middle. It was interesting....

After that we went to the irish pub next to the hotel for a few drinks, then came back up and proceeded to pass out on my bed again. Woke up about 5am and couldn't get back to sleep, much to my annoyance. Just been down for breakfast and again wasn't particularly impressed by the food.

Today we are having a tour of 'Hong Kong Island' which we will be taken to visit Victoria Peak, Stanley Market, Repulse Bay, and Aberdeen Fishing Village. Should be fun.

No pictures as of yet because I didn't want to carry my camera around while I felt completely out of it. Will be taking my camera on the tour today :)

Peace -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment