Thursday 20 January 2011

Kia Ora

If you are reading this you are probably my friend on facebook - but that's fine, I'm writing this blog somewhat because I imagine I will have trouble keeping in touch with everyone while I am off travelling. If you don't know me, and you are not my friend on facebook, I have no idea why you are reading this and I hope you aren't a stalker. On the basis that you aren't, here is all you really need to know about me:

My name is Anna, i'm almost 19, all I have ever really wanted to do is travel and now I am. That's why I'm starting this blog.

My travels will start in approximately 3 weeks, 6 days, 9 hours and 2 minutes or so? Not that I'm counting or anything... Firstly off to Hong Kong for 3 days with the other people on the BUNAC flight to Australia and New Zealand, where we can do touristy things, try and fail to communicate with the locals and hobnob/get to know each other (in my case, getting to know me will probably be straightforward after one or two drinks...). If anyone has been/knows ANYTHING about Hong Kong please feel free to share... I actually haven't done much research about this place at all. All my efforts have gone into researching EVERYTHING about NZ, pretty much.

After Hong Kong, the people off to Australia will go off to Australia, and me + all the people off to New Zealand fly to Auckland. Basically my plan from there is get on a kiwiexperience bus, try and find work on a remote farm and check out as much of New Zealand as physically possible. I also have a bungee jump, a canyon swing and a tandem skydive on the books so should probably start thinking about some superabsorbent pants... But that's really where my plans start to fade out and it becomes more a case of 'i'll just go with the flow'. So yeah.

After i'm finished in NZ, I fly through Los Angeles on the way back, so maybe stop over there for a week or two. See what happens and how much money I leave NZ with.

Very exciting stuff. This month will probably go painfully slowly but that's life. Expect some more blogs up about how slow time is going (woeisme).

Also I was thinking about videoblogging but I don't have/can't find any decent editing software that is free. If anyone reads this and can recommend me something please do


Peace -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment