Wednesday 26 January 2011

Kī tōnu taku waka topaki i te tuna!

Got my flight pack this morning, in which was a BUNAC tee-shirt, luggage labels, flight itineraries and a note confirming that i've booked the 'adrenalin junkie and organic nz packages'. Very exciting.

Flying out from Heathrow airport on the 17th of February at 11.25am, arriving in Hong Kong at 7am the following morning  (worked it out and I think it's a 12ish hour flight - Hong Kong is +8 GMT, so we will land at 11pm GMT). Three days chilling in Hong Kong, tours to see stuff like Victoria Peak, Stanley Market and the Aberdeen Fishing Village. We seem to have quite a bit of free time so I bought myself a Hong Kong book guide thing to help me make the most of my time there, even though the likely thing that will happen is that I get knocked out by the flight and want to spend all my time asleep in the hotel...

Flying from Hong Kong on the 20th February at 6pm (10am GMT) and arriving in Auckland at 1.05pm the following afternoon (midnight GMT? I think... this time zone stuff is awfully confusing. I think New Zealand are in +13 GMT at the moment because of summertime...) So that's a 4 and a bit hour flight *I think*. If anyone wants to check my maths for me feel free, that was painful for me.

And after that i'm spending a few days in Auckland to open a bank account, sort a phone out and catch up on some sleep before I start the kiwi experience tour I booked, sometime around the 24th of February. That's about as far ahead as I have made some kind of plan for so far. Some of the other BUNAC travellers were talking about going up to the Bay of Islands in one big group so will probably tag along for that but stay a while in Bay of Islands (everyone speaks very very highly of it). Perhaps try and find some wooffing work there.

I am so excited.

Peace -x-

No comments:

Post a Comment